March 9, 2023
Attention Employers: Wage Subsidies to Hire Summer Students
Two wage subsidy programs are now accepting applications.
PEI employers who hire students during summer may qualify for the employee wage subsidy offered through two separate student employment programs:
- Jobs for Youth Program – Through the Employment Development Agency (EDA), this program supports students aged 15-29 working 8-12 weeks during summer. Students must be returning to school in the Fall. Priority will be given to employment opportunities that promote community economic development.
- Post-Secondary Student Program – Through SkillsPEI, this program supports full-time post-secondary students working a minimum of 12 to a maximum of 18 weeks during the summer. Employers who provide a valuable experiential learning opportunity related to the student’s field of study will be prioritized.
For more details and to apply online check HERE. Application deadline is April 15, 2023.
Tourism PEI – Beach Infrastructure Grants
Tourism PEI is providing grants up to a maximum of $5,000 to be used towards upgrading public beach infrastructure. This grant provides a contribution intended to enhance the user experience on beaches along our beautiful coastline. Apply HERE by March 15, 2023.
Acadian & Francophone Cultural Fund
Your non-profit organization may be eligible for financial assistance to develop or promote an innovative cultural experience that will attract Francophone residents/visitors and reinforce PEI’s vibrant Francophonie (e.g. service, festival or cultural experience). Applications to the Acadian & Francophone Cultural Fund will be accepted until April 12th 2023 at 4pm.
Upcoming Training Sessions at Rural Action Centres
- March 14 – Growth & Expansion: How to Best Grow Your Business
- March 21 – Your Numbers Your Story
- March 24 – Risk Management & Insurance Needs for NonProfits
- March 21 – Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
Contact the Client Information Officer in your local centre if we can be of assistance.
Emma Gamble, Montague | email@example.com | 902-838-4030
Barb MacDonald, Alberton | firstname.lastname@example.org | 902-853-3616
Josée Ouellette, Wellington | email@example.com | 902-854-3439
Rural Action Centres | Toll free | 1-855-297-9898
Download Newsletter PDF here.