November 10, 2022
Fiona: Financial Assistance to Fisheries & Aquaculture and Employers
Island fishers and aquaculturists who have experienced damage due to Hurricane Fiona can access immediate financial supports and request clean-up assistance from the Province through the Provincial Disaster Financial Assistance Program.
Wage Rebate for Impacted Workers (includes self-employed) to help cover wages while the business was closed and not earning revenue because of power outages or storm damage. Deadline to apply – November 30, 2022.
Concours Ignition francophone – Applications Open
The Concours Ignition francophone start-up competition will award $25000 to the winning francophone or bilingual entrepreneur (current or potential) who has an idea to start a new business venture, launch a new product or service, or expand an existing business by introducing a new production line. Eligible businesses must offer services in both official languages and be established in Prince Edward Island. are eligible. Complete applications must be submitted no later than January 3, 2023. Details about eligibility criteria, the pitch competition and how to apply can be found HERE.
Island Food Security Initiative
Shout out to Volunteers & Executive Directors! Is your organization running a food pantry, giving out seeds, serving community meals? If so, you will want to check out the support available through the Island Community Food Security Initiative | Government of Prince Edward Island.
Upcoming Training & Info Sessions at Rural Action Centres
- November 15, 22, 24 – Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (choose your session) – Wellington
- November 15, 22, 29, Dec 6 – Nuts & Bolts of Business Success (4-part workshop) – Alberton
- November 16 – GEW Celebration featuring Billy Clements, East Coast Upholstery, Montague
- November 17 – GEW Celebration featuring Claus Schmidt, MaiYa Pearls, Wellington
- November 17 – Tips & Tricks for Excel Spreadsheets (Beginner) – Alberton
- November 21 – Red Cross Emergency First Aid – Alberton
- November 23 & 24 – Business Plan, 2-Part Workshop – Alberton
On Remembrance Day Rural Action Centres will be closed as we join all Islanders in honouring those who gave their lives to serve our country.
Contact the Client Information Officer in your local centre if we can be of assistance.
Emma Gamble, Montague | email@example.com | 902-838-4030
Barb MacDonald, Alberton | firstname.lastname@example.org | 902-853-3616
Josée Ouellette, Wellington | email@example.com | 902-854-3439
Rural Action Centres | Toll free | 1-855-297-9898