October 25, 2022
Ignition Fund – Deadline extended to November 7th
The Ignition Fund is a competition-based fund for entrepreneurs seeking start-up capital for a new innovative business venture. Entrepreneurs who successfully pitch their business idea to a panel of judges can access $25,000 to turn their ideas into a tangible, viable business. Check the application guidelines details HERE. The deadline November 7 at 1 p.m.
Small Business Storm Response – Help for Businesses, NFPs, Employers & Self-Employed
Wage Rebate for Impacted Workers (includes self-employed) to help cover wages while the business was closed and not earning revenue because of power outages or storm damage.
Provincial Disaster Financial Assistance Program is available to help with costs to repair or replace uninsurable, essential basic property loss due to disasters.
Update on Fiona Debris Clean-Up
Monday, October 31 is the deadline to place Fiona debris curbside. Drop off is free until Saturday, November 5th, at any Island Waste Management Corporation (IWMC) drop-off centre for Fiona-related items, including spoiled food and yard debris. Check the map of 18 private debris disposal sites across the province open daily 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until the first snow fall.
PEI Arts Grants Funding
Three types of grants (Creation, Dissemination, Professional Development). One application per stream, details and online application are available HERE. Deadline to apply is October 31, 2022
Upcoming Training & Info Sessions at Rural Action Centres
- November 9 – Payroll plus the Other Stuff – Alberton
- November 15, 22, 24 – Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (choose your session) – Wellington
- November 15, 22, 29, Dec 6 – Nuts & Bolts of Business Success (4-part workshop) – Alberton
- November 16 & 17 – Save the Date: Global Entrepreneurship Week events in Montague, Wellington
- November 17 – Tips & Tricks for Excel Spreadsheets (Beginner) – Alberton
- November 23 & 24 – Business Plan, 2-Part Workshop – Alberton
Contact the Client Information Officer in your local centre if we can be of assistance.
Emma Gamble, Montague | firstname.lastname@example.org | 902-838-4030
Barb MacDonald, Alberton | email@example.com | 902-853-3616
Josée Ouellette, Wellington | firstname.lastname@example.org | 902-854-3439
Rural Action Centres | Toll free | 1-855-297-9898