January 25, 2023
PEI 150 Celebration Fund
Funding is available to a maximum of $2,500. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2023
The PEI 150 Celebration Fund for communities and cultural organizations provides support for projects that will mark the 150th anniversary of Prince Edward Island joining Confederation. This fund is an opportunity for organizations to explore the richness, diversity, and complexity of the Island’s past, as well as celebrate our vibrant culture of today and possibilities for the future. Apply on line HERE.
Percé – Summer Jobs for Post-Secondary Students
Priority given to bilingual candidates. Deadline March 31, 2023
Post-secondary students looking for work experience in their field of study are encouraged to consider Percé when applying for summer jobs. Employers also benefit from wage subsidies and access to talent through this program. For details and to apply, employers and students can check the Percé website HERE.
Hiring Foreign Workers – Office of Immigration Info Sessions
The PEI Office of Immigration is holding virtual information sessions to educate and ensure Island employers are ready to hire and support foreign workers through the various immigration pathways. Learn about the role of the Office of Immigration, provincial immigration programs, employer responsibilities, recruitment missions, and ask questions during the Q&A portion.
- Click here to register January 23 from 1:30-3:00PM
- Click here to register January 25 from 10:00-11:30AM.
More public transit routes for Prince County travellers
An extra round trip per day has been added on rural public transit routes between Tignish and Summerside, and between Charlottetown and Summerside. For more information on routes and bookings check Transit PEI.
Upcoming Training Sessions at Rural Action Centres
- February 7 – Nuts & Bolts of Business Success (4-part series)
- February 14 – Sponsorship Basics (2-part series)
- February 8 – Excel Tips & Tricks (Intermediate)
- February 15 – Payroll Plus the Other Stuff
- March 2, 3 – Business Plan Workshop
- January 30 – Successful Business Basics (five-part series runs to Feb 13th) In-person
- January 31 – Lunch & Learn – Improving Relationships with your Employees (French only) In-person
Contact the Client Information Officer in your local centre if we can be of assistance.
Emma Gamble, Montague | firstname.lastname@example.org | 902-838-4030
Barb MacDonald, Alberton | email@example.com | 902-853-3616
Josée Ouellette, Wellington | firstname.lastname@example.org | 902-854-3439
Rural Action Centres | Toll free | 1-855-297-9898
Download Newsletter PDF here.